BATTERY CREEK HIGH
• BC Athletic season passes will be on sale at a 2-for-1 rate until Friday, Sept. 12. You must buy 2. See Coach Drafts for prices.
Several members of the Battery Creek High School Interact Club spent last Saturday morning at Hunting Island State Park to help with its semi-annual Beach Sweep. Pictured above are Jayde Little, Krystyn Kibler, Ian Klauck, Taylor Jones, and Cassi Knoppel.
• Battery Creek High School will host Youth Sports Night on Friday, Sept. 12, as the Dolphins battle Hilton Head Island High School in football. Kickoff is set for 7:30. All fall teams, cheerleaders and coaching staffs will be admitted free of charge. For additional information, contact Coach Drafts at 843-322-5574 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Battery Creek High Parent Teacher Student Organization will be recognizing all members of the Beaufort Police Department, Beaufort Fire Department, Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, Burton Fire Department and EMT on Sept. 11 at 6 p.m. at the McVey Performing Arts Center. Contact Diane Grooms, 322-5582.
• Thursday, Sept. 11: Patriots Day Special Program and Flag Placement
• Monday, Sept. 15: Presentation of the 26th annual T. Reynolds Robinson Scholarship, 2:45 p.m.
• 50th Anniversary BA wall calendars were available at the opening convocation. If you would like one, they can be picked up at the front office on BA’s main campus at 240 Sams Point Road on Lady’s Island. They are free and
On Tuesday, September 2, Representative Shannon Erickson made a special visit to Beaufort Academy to present the first Emerging Leader Scholarship to ninth-grader Virginia Dukes. The ELS Scholarship was designed by an anonymous donor to identify and support a rising ninth grade student throughout their upper school tenure at BA. Its unique focus is to cultivate the leadership skills of the recipients, with the intent that these students will both show academic prowess as well as participate in leadership roles at BA and in the community. Pictured above: Rep. Shannon Erickson, Virginia Dukes and her parents Will and Elizabeth, and Head of School Stephen Schools.
have some great pictures from BA’s history.
• Calling all Twitter users, BA’s new AD, Coach Neal McCarty, has started a new twitter account for BA Athletics. Follow him at BA Athletics @BAsportsAD.
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Congrats to Kaylee Cayo, Michael Walker, Thomas Layfield and Claire Davis on setting a great example as this week’s “Students of the Week.” Students enjoyed a covered lunch table, jazzy flatware with lunch on it, and great conversation among each other.
The first town hall meeting for parents and community members to meet with Superintendent Jeffrey Moss was held Tuesday, Sept. 9 in Bluffton High School’s auditorium. Twice each year, Moss holds informal town hall meetings with parents and citizens in each of the district’s five “clusters” of schools.
The five town hall meetings scheduled during the first semester are:
• October 14, 6-8 p.m., Battery Creek High School
• October 30, 6-8 p.m., Beaufort High
• December 2, 6-8 p.m., Whale Branch Early College High School.
Read More →