Photo above: Last year’s Shamrock Shakedown had plenty of fun auction items. Photo provided.
Ah, sure, there are St. Patrick’s Day celebrations around the Lowcountry!
Here are a some ways to get your green on about town:
• Beaufort: Beaufort Academy will host the Shamrock Shakedown at Beaufort Inn’s Tabby Place from 5:30-11 p.m. Friday, March 17. Food will be catered by Saltus River Grill. There will also be an open bar all night, a live band, dancing and silent and live auction items. Additionally, one of the raffle prizes will be a golf cart. The event is open to all those 21 years old and older. Tickets are $20; buy five and get one free. Visit www.beaufortacademy.org and click on “Shamrock Shakedown.
• Beaufort: St. Paddy’s Day Running Tour will be held Friday, March 17. Participants will explore Beaufort, get exercise and have a free Guinness at Hemingway’s afterwards. Participants must be over 21 years old to participate. Visit www.beaufortsc.org.
• St. Helena: St. Helena Branch Library at 6355 Jonathan Francis Sr. Road will hold a St. Patrick’s Day Party for the wee ones at 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 17. This event is for ages 4-10 and will feature making green crafts for luck, getting lucky playing a game and having green snacks.
• Savannah: The St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Savannah will take place starting at 10:15 a.m. Friday, March 17. For a map of the parade route, schedule of events and more, visit savannahsaintpatricksday.com.
• The world-renowned Budweiser Clydesdales will parade through the town of Bluffton’s Historic District at about 1 p.m. Saturday, March 18.
The parade will start on Calhoun Street and continue through the Promenade, circling back to Calhoun Street. This is the third year in a row that the Clydesdales have made an appearance in Bluffton in conjunction with the St. Patrick’s Day.