Mr. Rob McFee, Director of Beaufort County Engineering and Infrastructure Division, will be the guest speaker at the Tuesday, April 10 meeting of the Lady’s Island Business and Professional Association. The meeting will be held at 8 a.m. at the Beaufort County Realtors Association Headquarters in the Palmetto Business Park (behind BB&T on Lady’s Island Drive) and is open to the public.
McFee was raised in Beaufort, graduated from Beaufort High School and earned his BS degree in Civil Engineering from the University of South Carolina. After graduation he joined the South Carolina Department of Highways where he held various positions, including bridge project manager, resident maintenance engineer and resident construction engineer. In 2008 he accepted the position of Director of the Beaufort County Engineering and Infrastructure Division which is responsible for engineering, traffic and transportation engineering, disaster recovery, public works, airports, solid waste, facilities and stormwater utility. Of special note is the fact that his division has overseen the planning and execution of the transportation projects for which the voters of Beaufort County approved the collection of $152 million through the use of a 1% sales tax.
Mr. McFee has been requested to discuss the following:
• Steps necessary to cope with increasing cost of solid waste collection and disposal.
• Impact of the reduction in the amount of impact fees collected due to less residential construction.
• What did the study of a northern bypass tell us?
• What future infrastructure projects should receive attention?
• Update on Beaufort County and SCDOT partnership.
• Status of projects presently under way and upcoming projects.