• Watercolor with Pencils, ages 6-9, with Jean Norton Torjussen on Tuesdays: This class encourages an atmosphere of discovery while familiarizing students with the laws of perspective, overall good design and the use of color.
• Assemblage, ages 12-16, with Terry Brennan on Tuesdays: In this class we will explore a wide range of material with the emphasis on found and discarded objects and how to use them in art. We will harness our own instinct to repurpose these materials in a fun and creative way.
• Collage, ages 6-9, with Deanna Bowdish on Wednesdays: This class explores all formats of collage, working with several different types of paper and other natural and man-made materials as well. We will explore the elements of color, line, shape, texture and composition. We will be creating both abstract and representational work.
• Who is Jonra and what does she want with me? ages 9-16, with Lisa Rentz on Wednesdays: Comic books, song lyrics, stories, scripts and poems — all these “genres” are fun and challenging to write. In this creative writing workshop students will bring in their own writing projects, start new pieces, contribute to the group story, share and hear what other kids are writing, and get plenty of feedback, all supplies included.
• Performance Skills, ages 10-16 with Heather Denardo on Thursdays: A fun and exciting class for the actor in all of us. Students will learn many warm-ups and exercises that will enhance their performances onstage (and off). We will explore the stage and each student will have chance to be actor and director.
• Metal Embossed Masterpieces, ages 9-12, Jean Norton-Torjussen on Thursdays: In this class students will create decorative embossed metal art from original designs. After copying designs onto flexible metal, students will work their projects by adding details using metal working tools, sanding, and staining. Once completed each project will be finished to become a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry, metal artwork mounted on wood, or metal cladding for embellishment of found items. Let your creativity loose while learning to work with metal.
This creativity-inspiring after school program at ARTworks is $50 per class per seven week session, 4 to 5:30 p.m. This session begins April 17 and runs though May 31. Call 843-379-2787 or in person at ARTworks in Beaufort Town Center, 2127 Boundary Street.