By Lanier Laney
The weather and facilities were perfect at the recent CAPA Golf Challenge fundraiser at Hampton Hall. The title sponsor was Waste Management and CAPA really appreciates the company’s support over the past years. Big “job well done” goes to CAPA’s Executive Director Susan Cato, co-chairs Paul
Denning and Cheryl Comes, and Howard Fister, the Waste Management representative on the tournament committee. Ashleigh Whitmore did a very fine job coordinating everything as events director for Hampton Hall Club.
The tournament brought in more than $30,000 and all funds go to child abuse prevention programs, parenting classes, and the “Open Arms Shelter” for abused and neglected children. The shelter serves the five county area — Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton, Colleton and Allendale.
Here’s a rundown of the winners:
• First Place team: Bill Westfall, Ed Saxon, Chris Legare, Al Legare
• Second Place team: Jerry Linn, Bob Douglas, Bob Mullen, Ron Grindle
• Third Place team: Zane Ferris, Rich O’Connell, Charles Taylor, Brandon Barwick
• Golden Circle winner: Bob Mullen
• Closest to the Pin Hole #7: Thomas McDaniel
• Closest to the Pin Hole #14: Stuart Mitchell