Beaufort Mayor Billy Keyserling will speak to the Lady’s Island Business Professionals Association on Tuesday, Feb. 14, at 8 a.m. at Beaufort County Realtors Association Headquarters, 22 Kemmerlin Lane, Palmetto Business Park, Lady’s Island Drive.
Keyserling was elected mayor in November 2008. Before assuming his present office, he served one term as a member of the Beaufort City Council and two terms as District 124 Representative in the South Carolina House of Representatives. He has served as a staff member at the U. S. Senate and the House of Representatives and has directed numerous political campaigns for elected officials ranging from local to national levels and directed a bipartisan international human rights initiative. A graduate of Brandeis University with a MS from Boston University, his experience in the private sector includes being owner of a public affairs and marketing/communications business, founder of two local businesses and he is a licensed Real Estate Broker. Mayor Keyserling has been requested to include in his discussion with our members the following subjects:
• How did the City of Beaufort avoid a serious financial crisis in the recent economic downturn?
• Why is the City of Beaufort promoting inter-city development versus aggressive annexation?
• What is the Office of Civic Investment and what is its role in city government?
• Is the redevelopment of Boundary Street an economically viable plan?
• What is the role of Lady’s Island in the City of Beaufort’s plans for the future?